Sunday, January 23, 2005

Cup 38: Jack Frost Nipping

2friday
Originally uploaded by matt_leclair.
Location: Orono, en route to Pembroke, Mark's Car
When: January 21, 2005, 5:45 am
Present: Mark
Coffee: Maine Roasters Coffee, French Roast
Mood: guh

I imagine this is what it feels like to get your face ripped off. Right after it happens, before the screaming starts, before the pain starts registering. That split second before you realize exactly what has happened and you know something has gone horribly, horribly wrong, and the extent of this is starting to sink it. That is how cold it is out. Forget that "nipping at your nose" stuff. Jack Frost is biting off your face!

Mark's puzzlement is audible as I pause in this cold to take a picture of my coffee on top of his car. It is dark. It is cold. But I've got my coffee. Everything is going to be okay. Or is it?

No comments: