Thursday, January 06, 2005

Cup 16: Lost Cup

Location: Living Room, Orono, ME
When: January 5th, 2005, 8 am,
Present: Dot & Dash
Coffee: Maine Roaster's French Roast
Mood: absent

Did I drink this cup of coffee? I know I did, but I was completely unaware of it. Caffiene withdrawal headache will force me out of bed if I sleep too late, and I remember that is what woke me up. Before I'd even gotten into my bathrobe I'd picked The Subtle Knife off the floor where I'd dropped when I couldn't stay awake reading it anymore the night before. I started reading it while the water boiled, and I was so into it that I didn't even notice the coffee I was drinking. I even forgot to take a picture of it. The sequel to The Golden Compass is so much better than the first book, and that one was a pretty good book. The book is about as pleasant as getting kicked in the stomach. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that I can't think of another "young adult" book that is so daring & so willing to break the rules. I have no idea how Pullman is going to pull the third book off successfully though. With what he set up in the second book I don't see how it can be anything more than anticlimactic. Guess I have to go back to Borders this weekend...mmmmm.... Starbucks.....

No comments: