Thursday, December 30, 2004

Cups 6 & 7: To Do List

cups 6 & 7
Originally uploaded by matt_leclair.
Location: My office, Orono, ME
When: December 30th, 2004, 9 am
Present: just me
Coffee: Maine Roaster's Coffee French Roast
Mood: overwhelmed

This is a sure sign of things returning to normal after the holiday chaos. Today I was actually able to do my usual routine of waking up, making a cup of coffee and then sitting in front of the computer, answering emails, checking websites. This is the way I like to spend the first hour of my day, getting my thoughts in order, getting awake, getting charged. I am amazed at how fast this break has flown by. I had planned on getting so much done, and the only thing I actually accomplished was to gain a few more pounds! Things I need to do: finish 3 incomplete classes so I can officially be done with my Master's and start working on my PhD, build my "real" website to help drum up work as an educational consultant; go to the bank to see about a loan to buy a house; clean my office, build the printed tutorials for my claymation classes, write a proposal for the online version of the Intro to Digital Art and Internet Art classes I teach, go to Sam's club and buy big bags of frozen veggies.... and on and on...

The first cup I didn't even notice drinking. I was so focused on my writing. There was just a moment of suprise when I went to take a drink and found nothing in the cup. The second I enjoyed with a bowl of my mom's most excellent home made granola. She makes the best granola in the world. Unfortunately, she only does it once a year as a Christmas present for me.

No comments: